What is water jet cutting?
Water jet cutting is best described as a controlled, accelerated erosion process.
For this reason, a waterjet stream can cut through virtually any known material,
making waterjet one of the most versatile machines available.
Advantages of water jet cutting:
As one of the fastest growing machine tool industries, waterjet cutting has proven
to save time and money on countless applications.
So many choose water jet because of these advantages:
• High Accuracy Net-shape parts.
• Omni-Directional Cutting Ability to cut in any direction. Capable of complex 2D cut geometries.
• Varied Cut Surface Quality Ability to change cut edge quality as required for different features within a part.
• No Heat-Affected Zone There are no heat affected zones or hardening of the material.
• No Stress Impact Does not workload material.
• Slag Free Cut Surface Does not create slag on the cut surface which eliminates costly finishes processes
Tight tolerances ( +/- .005 ) • Holes ready for tapping ( 1/8” and up ) • Thickness up to 8” both Aluminum and Stainless Steel
Get a Free Quote